WHAT IS PITCH COACHING?
Each year thousands of businesses crowdfund, approach angel investors, venture capitalists and private equity firms with the hope of being able to get funding for their venture. From those who are starting new to those who are growing and need that injection of capital to scale and take their business to the next level.
With all the stories, article and videos online about what makes for a good pitch, you would think that many startups would still be aware of what investors are looking for. One would assume that most know what makes for a good, or even great pitch.
But so many fail. Badly.
Investors switch off. Pipe dreams are broken.
The fact is no matter how good your idea or actual product is, many startups (and scaleups) fail to convince investors because of the following
– Not being able to address the problem they are solving
– Selling features over benefits
– Not being able to convince the investor that they are passionate about what they do
– Lack of understanding of the market they are entering into
– Underestimating the competition by thinking their idea is unique or new
– Wild estimations of the funding they need
Being able to pitch for investment is both a science and an art. It takes time and a lot of practice in order to be able to win the hearts and minds of those who you wish to partner with. This programme is about putting startups and scaleups in with the best chance of winning their pitches.
WHO IS IT FOR?
– Accelerator Programmes
– Business Incubators
– Companies looking for growth investment to scaleup
– Startups with user traction or revenue
(I tend not to work with pre-revenue startups outside of accelerator programmes)
In order to put together a good, or even great pitch, founders and their teams need a coach who understands what investors are looking for and how they can use this knowledge to pitch effectively.
The programme includes:
✔ The Investment Roadmap
✔ Understanding the mindset of investors
✔ Story development and presentation structure
✔ Platform skills and body language
✔ Vocal Power. Maximising persuasion and influence through mastering your voice.
✔ Development of elevator pitch
✔ Design and review of visual presentations (pitch decks)
✔ Design and review of pitch documents and handouts
✔ Recording and feedback of practice and final presentations
For each client the needs are different. Some chose all elements while others only want someone to review their presentations to ensure they are strong enough.
✔ One to One Coaching (Online/Live)
✔ Team Workshops
✔ Pitch Clinics
WHY CHOSE ME AS PITCH COACH
– I have worked with companies who have collectively raised over £100m
– I am the chosen pitch coach for VOOM, Sir Richard Branson’s annual pitching competition
– I am the chosen pitch coach for the last three cohorts of Wayra De in Munich
– I have worked with private clients to help raise seed and Series A/B funding
– I am a former accountant and have a full understanding of funding models and investment terms
– I am fully proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote and Prezi.
I look forward to working with you and your team.