I am of the opinion that Charisma can’t be taught.
It is one of those things that can’t be measured. You can tell people who have it when you see it, but trying to put it into some kind of formula for leaders to adopt and imitate I find a bit disingenuous.
In this week’s episode of my podcast, The David McQueen Show, I explore whether or not charisma can be taught, and the views of those who disagree with me.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What exactly is the definition for charisma
- Why people tend to gravitate towards charismatic personalities
- People who belive they can teach charisma
- The role of charismatic leadership
- The shortfalls of charismatic leadership for organisations
The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
by Olivia Fox Cabane
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Dr Robert Cialdini