In a world of endless distraction, leaders need to be focused more than anything else. Tasked with driving their organisational or departmental visions, empowering staff and obviously looking after themselves as well, leaders need to remain focused. This is something I had to learn for myself and share this with other leaders.
Today is the start of something I have been focusing on for a little while.
The launch of my new podcast the David McQueen show.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why focus is essential for good leadership
- The challenges I had in deciding what to podcast about
- How Jerry Colonna of Reboot influenced me to stay in my lane
- How I flirted with but had to pass on other business ideas
- Not everyone is a leader but it helps to have expectations of what good leadership looks like
- Leadership focus for self, others and your organisation
The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results – Gary Keller
Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World – Cal Newport
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less – Greg MckEown